onsdag 15 november 2017

At the Bank of the River Where He Lives

It was a warm summermorning not that long ago. He saw her coming down the hill close to the river where he lived. The young girl had a dress with alot of summerflowers on and her feet has lost their shoes.
The rays from the morningsun played sparkling with her  hair. With kips red as raspberries she smiled at him. He smiled softly back!
.  Hey to you, do you have any breakfast to offer to a young girl. My nights has been long and I have lost my shoes!
-I will fix you an omelette. And a bun with cheeze and ham. And a cup of coffee with milk I think you will need.
Yellow as the buttercupflower the omelett soon rested on a plate. And a bun with cheeze and ham also find its place on the tray. A steming coffee diluted with milk made the other dishes company on the tray!
They sit down at the bank of the river. The lips red like raspberries slowly sipp the milkdiluted coffeebrew.

-Tell me young girl, why was your night so long and why have you lost your shoed?
- I was on my way home from the chapel when I was distracted. There on a bench in th epark sat an old and lonly seaman from Peru. We started talking and the hours fly by. I was fascinated by his dark hair, shimmering like black gems in the moonshine. Eyes black as the darkest night smiled at me, just as you could see the sun rise. Just as I stand up and was on my way to leave he talked to me and asked:
- Will you be my own seamanwife?
I was chocked. Such plans was not even close in my young heart! I have to get an education before any man will so capture me. He told me he will write to me when he come to Rotterdam in Holland and once again ask if I wanted to be his own seamanwife! I left in a rush, yes so rapidly I left i forgor my shoes at th ebench in the park. And even if he will write to me from Rotterdam, my answer will be no. Shall I havea man I will seek one from more close to home. I rather chose a carpenter from Sweden than a seaman from Peru!
He looked with morningeyes at the young girl sitting here on the bank of his river. When she smiled she was a reflection of her mother. He saw that so clearly. He looked at th clean plates where justa short time ago a yellow buttercupflower looking omelett rested..
. No my old man,  dearest father, now I better go back and find my shoes. If you have a dress with summerflowers on you have to wear summershoes too!
It is not always easy for an old man to follow the logic thinking of a young girl, but so much he knew close to a bench in the park, she will find her shoes.
Lips red like raspberries say farewell and thanks for breakfast. They will meet again when the days gets older!

. And that I can promise you, I will never be any wife to a seaman from Peru!
It was a warm summermorning not that long ago! He saw her walking up the hill close to the river where he lives. She is looking for her shoes, close to a bench in the park!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar